Successful Developments: Yours & Mine

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I've Been Called Worse

.
Developers:

I've been called "crazy" today by someone who I've been helping get started in their internet business. But she said it was a good kind of crazy.

After getting home, I got to checking my messages (email, twitter, myspace, etc...) and started thinking about what she meant. About that time I took a look at one of my recent articles about surveys... and can see why she may have said that.

However, I'm curious as to what others think as well. And since I missed posting last night's article... I figured I'd share that "fun to write story" to make it up to you. Then, when you feel compelled to comment, there is a place you can click to do that (just below the article).

Well... here is the article I posted Sunday, July 27, 2008 at MySpace

WHY I DON'T TRUST SURVEYS AND THE IRONY OF MY OPINION

I use surveys and statistics just like everyone else, except I don't depend on them to make my final decisions. When you get right to it, surveys and statistics are based on opinions and information collected from an extremely small percentage of the world's population. Or, at the very least, a small percentage of the population of an area the survey subject matter results might affect. Take for instance:

Newspaper survey:

Number of printed issues sold by said publisher equals ___?

Times the average number of people who read the survey article ___?

Plus the number of people who read the online survey article ___?

Comes up with the number of people who read the Survey Questions ___?

Now out of all those readers, how many people actually responded to the survey?

The percentage you find is an extremely small percentage of the readers of said publication.

Then you have to take into consideration the mental state of mind of each person who responded to the survey. What type of mood were they in and how honest were their answers? Are they optimists or pessimists? Were their answers based on logic or emotions, or just going with flow of the general public opinion? Would you follow the advice of such a small percentage of those who read newspapers?

I prefer to review all available material I can find and base my opinions and advice on what I perceive to be fact. Of course, the self-doubting voice within says I shouldn't even bother publishing my opinion on survey results. It says that my opinion is a verrrry small percentage of the readers of my article especially when you divide my readers by the population my views could affect. But my inner angel tells me to forget that talk and do it anyway.

I think I made the right decision. It has attracted your attention. You have read this far into my article. And you are about to decide (or have already decided) that reading this article was beneficial to you or a waste of your time.

But, before you stop reading… my self-doubting voice and my inner angel want me to ask your opinion on which you think was correct in their advice to me.

So, in an effort to control the turmoil inside my head, I have prepared a few surveys in an effort to hear your opinions. After all, I believe that everyone should speak his or her own mind. The more we share… the better our world becomes. Your honest opinions matter to me and my other readers.

Everyone who answers the survey questions and provides comments (below) and their email address (email me at gfb3survey@yahoo.com) will have access to the survey results. All you have to do is ask and I'll tell you where to go.

SURVEY QUESTIONS
YOUR ANSWERS


Did you get this survey in an email from me?
Yes/No

Did you get this survey from it being forwarded by a friend?
Yes/No

Have you or will you forward this survey to someone else?
Yes/No

Did you read this survey online? Yes/No

How many people did you discuss this survey with?
______

How many people did you email this survey?
______

How many people do you know?
______

How many people do you consider to be your friend?
______

How many people live in your city or town?
______

How many people live in your state?
______

Do you consider yourself to be mentally stable?
Yes/No

Are you in a good mood or a bad mood?
Good/Bad

Are you an optimist?
Yes/No

Are you a pessimist?
Yes/No

Are you being honest in your answers?
Yes/No

Are your answers based on logic?
Yes/No

Are your answers based on emotions?
Yes/No

Are your answers based on general opinion?
Yes/No

Do you follow the advice of survey participants?
Yes/No

Do you use material other than surveys to make decisions?
Yes/No

Do you have a self-doubting voice trying to change your opinion?
Yes/No

Do you have an inner angel who supports your opinions?
Yes/No

Do you often follow your self-doubting voice?
Yes/No

Do you often ignore your inner angel?
Yes/No

Do you think I made the right decision to publish this article?
Yes/No

Do you think this article has attracted your attention?
Yes/No

Do you think this article was beneficial to you?
Yes/No

Do you think this article was humorous or informative?
Yes/No

Do you think this article was a waste of your time?
Yes/No

Do you often speak your own mind?
Yes/No

Do you believe sharing your opinions can improve the world?
Yes/No

Do you believe sharing your opinions can help your friends?
Yes/No

Do you believe others' opinions improve your life?
Yes/No

Do you believe honest opinions are valuable to you?
Yes/No

Will you be posting a comment on my web page?
Yes/No

Will you be emailing gfb3survey@yahoo.com (me) your info?
Yes/No

Do you want access to this survey's results?
Yes/No

I appreciate your cooperation of helping me in my efforts to improve the world by sharing your opinions and comments with all my developer readers and me.

The irony of it all is that I am utilizing a survey to prove my point.

However, I believe what will be revealed in this survey is superior to other surveys. That is because you are one of a limited number of people who will answer these questions.

I (and others who thought of you when they read this article) believe in your opinions and value what you can share to lift someone else's day every day.

When you get right down to it, the results of this survey and the statistics revealed will be based on opinions and information collected from an extremely small percentage of the world's population. That makes you and your friends unique. Take for instance:

Number of people I emailed this article
___?

Plus the number of people who got this survey forwarded to them
___?

Plus the number of people who read the online survey article
___?

Comes up with the number of people who read the Survey Questions
___?

You are one of a select number of people who will have the opportunity to share your opinion because I believe in you and the people you wish to share this with.

One more thing… in an effort to improve the quality of surveys, I encourage you to voice your opinions in surveys, newspapers, magazines, and all types of media that you have an interest. Don't let it stop there… voice your opinions in all matters of your personal, business and social interests. Share your expertise with as many people as you can.

The more people who take action… the quicker the world becomes a better place to live. People sharing means people are at peace. Spread the peace by sharing your mind with us.

I'm looking forward to you giving us a piece of your mind.

But don't stop there… share this with someone else who you believe can improve the world by sharing their opinions.

Since there are only a limited number of people who will be sharing their minds with us… that makes all who receive this survey special. So make sure you ask to receive the results of this survey by sending me your email address to gfb3survey@yahoo.com

Remember… you have a voice that should be heard.

Consultant Girard Frank Bolton, III.
The Developers Advocate
Advocating Personal, Business and Social Development

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

McCullough Residence designed by GFB3

GFB3 Consulting

GFB3 Twitter Message Updates

GFB3: Make Your Own Tiny URLs Here

Enter a long URL to make tiny:
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

GFB3 Merchant Circle