Successful Developments: Yours & Mine

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sidetracked by Google Earth

.
Developers:


I've been writing an article about Virtual Assistants and have not been getting very far with my progress because of one excuse or another. (Yes I said excuse... there is no good reason.)

So while I'm taking a break from serious business... I thought I would share some fun with you.

I came across Google Earth and boy has it changed since I signed up for their map service when Google originally offered it. (And let expire later.) While I was checking out some of their samples... I found one application that put my imagination to the test.

Well... this application allows you to see both sides of the earth at the same time. When I started moving the earth around and viewing it at different angles... it resembled other objects.

It reminded me of making images out of clouds in the sky. I'm sure I could have found more, but only took the time to take snapshots of four views.



^ This reminded me of a baseball. (Imagine stitches near the edge of the land and oceans meet.)



^ This view reminded me of doughnuts.



^ This view reminded me of jewels.



^ This one looks like the Yin and Yang symbol.


If you find other subliminal images in the earth images... share them in the comments section (below this posted article).

Of course, I've got to sum all of this up by making up a moral to the story and show you how all of this is related to each other.

Humanity should stop playing around like the earth is a baseball game. It is a world that should be able to feed everyone. Humanity should view earth as a precious jewel that can not be replaced. After all, we live in the world we create for ourselves.

Yin and Yang.

Until next time...

Girard Frank Bolton, III.
The Developers Advocate
.

p.s. - Check it out for yourselves & post what you see using: Google Earth Example

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

McCullough Residence designed by GFB3

GFB3 Consulting

GFB3 Twitter Message Updates

GFB3: Make Your Own Tiny URLs Here

Enter a long URL to make tiny:
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

GFB3 Merchant Circle