Successful Developments: Yours & Mine

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Philosophy even an Atheist Can Agree With

.
Developers:


When I was younger, I had an explosive temper. I don't know if it was because I got picked on about being shorter than others my age, or because I had an overbite. Or it could have been because I responded to the other children's taunting me and they got a big thrill about seeing me react.

In over three years' time, braces pulled my teeth back into my mouth. Then at eighteen, my height and body transformed from looking like an early teen to a young adult.

At my May 1976 high school graduation, I stood 5'-2" and weighed 122 pounds. A year later, I stood 5'-8" and weighed 135 pounds. I was growing out of shirts so fast it scared me.

However, I noticed people were treating me differently... nicer. Now don't get me wrong, most of the children did not treat me cruel. I had several groups of friends I associated with that did not pick on me. Sometimes they'd get aggravated when I would talk with children in "other" groups and threaten me with "not being my friend if I was going to continue talking with so-or-so."

I usually replied that my friends were of my choosing and if they did not want to be my friend, that was their choice.

Most all backed down from their challenge and prejudices. In fact I don't remember anyone who chose not to be my friend.

A couple of months ago I came across a quote from someone who made a living by exploiting the physical differences in some of humanity's unique people. But to read his quote, you would never guess his name or his occupation.

Most of you will recognize his name, but I'm curious as to whether you know much more about the man and the many great things he achieved in his life.

"A human soul is not to be trifled with. It may inhabit the body of a Chinaman, a Turk, an Arab or a Hotentot - it is still an immortal spirit!" - name withheld for now

Reading this bit of information reminded me of something I wrote in 1999. It is something I thought about writing when I was old enough to recognize how hypocritical many organized church members were... and the double standard lives they lived.

In all fairness... I was not exempt from living my life the way I had chosen... but it seemed as though my choices (that influenced others) was not potentially harmful.

However, I apologize if I was incorrect in my evaluation. Please forgive my thoughtlessness.

I have a long standing habit of reading. Many of my childhood memories are of me reading about so many subjects, I can't possibly list them in the time I've scheduled to write this article on how I believe we should interact with each other.

For several years I have increased my time writing thoughts and ideas to share with whomever would pick up copies in public places.

Almost every day I've inserted printouts of various writings in newspapers and magazines I've read and left on tables and seats in restaurants and office waiting areas.

Several people have thanked me for sharing my thoughts and have told me they have shared it with others they know at work, church and home. I've met many who have shared their stories about how reading it has brightened their lives.

Here it is for your insight into my philosophy of life... share it with whomever you wish. I can email you a pdf copy if you ask.

'I

Please share with me and my readers your stories and viewpoints. Your thoughts may help someone you know and/or do not know.

Develop someone's life today... begin with your own and then everyone you love.

Until next time...

Girard Frank Bolton, III.
The Developers Advocate
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

McCullough Residence designed by GFB3

GFB3 Consulting

GFB3 Twitter Message Updates

GFB3: Make Your Own Tiny URLs Here

Enter a long URL to make tiny:
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

GFB3 Merchant Circle